12 January 2012
Tomorrow at 12pm, Khayelitsha residents will be meeting with KDF (Khayelitsha Development Forum) and the Khayelitsha Hospital officials in their quest to reverse what they believe is a fraudulent recruitment process.
KDF and Hospital officials are expected to address residents in a mass meeting outside the hospital tomorrow afternoon at 12pm.
This meeting is a follow up meeting after Tuesday’s meeting where residents had an opportunity to meet KDF & officials for the first time regarding the employment at the new hospital.
The residents demand are as follow:
- We demand to know! Residents of Khayelitsha do not know anything about the Hospital. We have not been consulted. We know nothing about employment or anything else regarding the building and management of the place.
- We demand consultation! We will prevent anyone from coming to work on-site until the officials come down and addressed us.
- We demand the redo of the recruitment process allowing for a proper democratic process to unfold under the proper supervision of elected Khayelitsha community members.
- We demand that at least 60% of employees be sourced from the area close to the hospital (including essential services) and the remainder sourced from around Khayelitsha.
- We demand clarity as to why job vacancies seem to already have been filled before 229 jobs advertised in Cape Argus on the 08th November 2011 and the 329 jobs advertised on City Vision and Vukani.
- We demand that the MEC for health address our grievances with immediate effect.
We invite all Khayelitsha residents including those that applied for positions.
See you outside hospital tomorro
For more information please contact:
- Mr. Mabhelandile on 0838861831
- Mr. Khaya on 0780241683